1.惯用口语句子:
You need to take an X-ray.
您得照X光片。
To be on the safe side, you ought to have it X-rayed.
为了安全起见,您应该照X光片。
to be on the safe side“为安全起见,为保险起见”
“take an X-ray”和“have sth. X-rayed”都表示“照X光片”,“X-ray”既可用作名词,也可用作动词。
There's no fracture. It's just a sprain.
没有骨折,只是扭伤。
fracture n. & v. (使)骨折,(使)破裂
sprain n. 扭伤
The X-ray shows a fractured ankle.
X光片显示脚踝骨折。
The X-ray reveals that you have a deformity of the spine.
X光片显示您的脊椎变形了。
ankle n. 脚踝
reveal v. 显示
deformity n. 变形,畸形
spine n. 脊椎,脊柱
We'll put you in a cast.
我们得给您打石膏。
I suggest you wear a plaster cast.
我建议您打上石膏。
cast n. (固定手、足用的)石膏模
plaster n. 石膏
plaster cast“石膏模”
I'll bandage your hand.
我要用绷带把您的手包扎起来。
The nurse will bandat3e your leg up and give you some drug for the pain.
护士会把您的腿包扎起来并给您一些止痛药。
bandager v. 用绷带包扎 n. 绷带
It won't hurt you. I'll show you how the traction is applied first.
这不会弄疼您的。我会先给您示范一下这个牵引怎么做。
We may continue the traction for another month.
我们可能还要再做一个月的牵引。
hurt v. (使)疼痛,(使)受伤
traction n. (治疗骨折、脱臼等的)牵引
apply v. 应用,使用,敷,涂,搽
continue v. 继续
The joint of your left shoulder is dislocated.
您左肩膀的关节脱臼了。
joint n. 关节
shoulder n. 肩膀
dislocate v. 使脱臼,使脱位
Tell me where you feel the Dam as I pre88 hard.
我用力压的时候,您告诉我哪儿疼。
Can you still move your arm?
您的胳膊还能动吗?
Does it hurt here?
这儿疼吗?
pain n. 疼痛
press v. 压,按
We'll have it fixed with splints.
我们会用夹板把它固定住。
We can't take the splints off your leg now.
我们现在还不能把您腿上的夹板取下来。
fix v. 固定,安装,修理
splint n. 夹板
2.实用对话
Bone Fracture骨折
Patient: Doctor, I slipped and fell on my way to school. The ground is so slippery from the snow. It seems I can't move my left arm now.
病人:医生,我在去学校的路上滑倒了。由于下雪路面很滑。现在我的左胳膊好像不能动了。
Doctor: Let me see. Roll up your sleeve, please. Um... it's swollen and red here. I'm afraid we'll need to take an X-ray to see if it's broken.
医生:让我看看。请把袖子卷起来。嗯…这里又红又肿。恐怕我们得给您拍张X光片,看看是否骨折了。
Patient: What if it's broken?
病人:要是骨折了该怎么办?
Doctor: Then we'll put you in a cast.
医生:那我们就给您打石膏。
Patient: What do you mean by a cast?
病人:您说的打石膏是什么意思?
Doctor: Well, we apply tape and plaster to form a solid enclosure to protect the bones from' moving. In this way they will heal properly. Take it easy. It won't hurt you.
医生:嗯,我们用绷带和石膏打一个结实的模子来固定您的骨头,不让它们移动。这样骨头就会长好。别紧张。不会弄疼您的。
( after a while )
(过了一会儿)
Doctor: Let me see. The X-ray picture indicates that your humerus is broken in two places. And you'll have to wear the cast for three weeks. You'll need to come back in two weeks, so I can have another look.
医生:让我看看。X光片上显示您的肱骨有两处骨折。您必须打三个星期石膏。两周后还得再来我这儿,我再给您看看。
3.详细解说
1.“roll(up)”在这里是“挽起(如衣袖、裤腿等。)”的意思,例如:His jean legs were rolled above his knees.(他的牛仔裤裤腿挽到了膝盖上面。)
2.“protect sb./sth. from.”的意思是“保护某人或某物不受…(之苦或之害),防止某人或某物受到…(的侵害)”,例如:The cover protects the machine from dust.(这个罩子可以防止机器沾上灰尘。)The laws are designed to protect consumers from unsafe products.(这些法律旨在保护消费者不会受到不安全产品的侵害。)