1.惯用口语句子:
Is something wrong, sir?
先生,有什么问题吗?
What's wrong with it?这
个菜怎么了?
I'll check your order with the chef.
我会和主厨核对您点的菜的。
I'll tell this to the cook.
我会告诉厨师的。
chef n. 主厨
We're very sorry for the delay. Please enjoy your lunch.
抱歉耽搁了,请享用您的午餐。
I'm very sorry to have kept you waiting so long.
很抱歉让您久等了。
I'm very sorry for the mistake.
很抱歉弄错了。
delay n. 耽搁,延迟
I'm very sorry. I'll bring you another one.
非常抱歉。我会给您另送一份来的。
Sorry, I'll change everything for you.
对不起,我给您全部换掉。
I do apologize for giving you the wrong dish. I'll change it immediately for you.
给您上错了菜,我实在抱歉。我马上给您换。
I'm sorry you're not enjoying it. sir. I'll return it to the kitchen.
先生,很抱歉您觉得不好吃。我把它退回厨房。
immediately ad. 立即,马上
I'll return your soup to the chef.
我会把您点的汤退给主厨的。
I'll bring you something else.
我给您取些别的来。
I'll bring it to you at once.
马上给您拿来。
I'm very sorry for not bringing it to you.
很抱歉没有给您拿来。
I hope you enjoy it this time.
= Hope you like it this time.
希望这次您能喜欢。
There will be no charge for this. It's on the house.
这不用付费,由本店请客。
charge n. 费用,收费
on the house“免费的,由店方负责开销的”
Here we have some drinks for you to enjoy. K is free of charge to show our apology.
我这儿有些喝的供您享用。是免费的,以表达我们的歉意。
apology n. 歉意
free of charge“免费”
We'll surely improve the service here.
我们一定会改善这里的服务的。
We are sure to improve.
我们一定会改进的。
improve v. 改进,改善,提高
I'm the head waiter and I'd like to apologize for our carelessness.
我是领班,我为我们的粗心道歉。
carelessness n. 粗心(其形容词为careless)
apologize v. 道歉
head waiter“(餐馆服务员的)领班”
We're very sorry to have caused you this trouble.
= We're very sorry for the inconvenience.
很抱歉给您带来这种麻烦。
cause v. 导致,造成,引起
inconvenience n. 麻烦,不方便之处
2.实用对话
Dealing with Complaining
Waitress: Is something wrong, sir?
服务员:先生,有什么问题吗?
Customer: Yes, it's my steak.
顾客:是的,我的牛排有问题。
Waitress: What's wrong with it, sir?
服务员:您的牛排怎么了,先生?
Customer: It's too raw. I wanted mine well done. But this one here is almost medium.
顾客:太生了。我要的是全熟的。但是我盘子里的这块差不多是半熟的。
Waitress: I'm sorry you are not enjoying it, sir. I'll return it to the kitchen and bring you one that's well cooked. ( She leaves and brings back another steak. The customer tries it. ) How is your steak this time, sir?
服务员:先生,很抱歉您觉得不好吃。我把这盘送回厨房,再给您拿一盘做得很熟的来。(她离开,带回来另一块牛排。顾客尝了尝。)先生,这次的怎么样?
Customer: Very good. It is done just right this time. Thank you.
顾客:很好。这次的做得正合我的口味。谢谢你。
Waitress: I'm glad you enjoy it. I'll tell this to the chef. Would you like some more beer?
服务员:我很高兴您能喜欢。我会告诉厨师的。您要再来点啤酒吗?
Customer: Yes, please give me another Calsberg.
顾客:好的。再给我来一瓶嘉士伯。
( after the customer finishes his steak... )
(顾客吃完牛排后…)
Waitress: Shall I bring you some dessert?
服务员:要不要给您上点甜点?
Customer: No, thank you. I've had enough.
顾客:不用了,谢谢你。我已经吃得很饱了。
Waitress: How about some coffee or tea then?
服务员:那么就喝点咖啡或者茶吧?
Customer: Yes, I'll have a cup of coffee.
顾客:好的,给我来一杯咖啡。
3.详细解说
1.“right”在这里是副词,相当于“well”,在口语中表示“(在某种程度上)很好,很令人满意”。例如:Everything's going right for him at the moment.(目前,他一切都进行得很好。)
It'll work out right in the end.(最终会很好地解决的。)
2.“chef”的英文解释为“a skilled cook. especially the main cook in a hotel or restaurant”,即“厨艺过硬的厨师,大厨,主厨”。另外,“master chef”表示“主厨”,“pastry chef
”表示“面点师傅”。
3.“I've had enough.”表示”我吃饱了。”类似的表达还有:I'm full.(我饱了。)I'm stuffed.(我很饱了。)I can't eat another bite.(我一口也吃不下了。)
4.文化洗礼
处理餐厅投诉
处理投诉是餐厅服务员需要具备的基本能力。处理投诉时不但要站在顾客的角度为顾客解决问题,还要学会巧妙地维护餐厅的声誉和利益。处理投诉的基本程序和方法如下:
1.倾听(listen)。在聆听时要保持与顾客的目光接触,不时地用“Uh-huh”、“Oh”、“Yes”一或点头等身体语言(body language)来表明自己在认真倾听。
2.记录(note)。问清客人的姓名等基本信息。尽量做好笔记,同时向客人重复要点,确保信息的正确性。
3.沟通(communicate)。迅速判断客人投诉的原因、内容以及自己可以采取的解决方案,如赠送水果、餐券等。在说话时,不要笼统地用Sir/Madam来称呼,而应使用Mr. XX或Ms. XX.使他们感到自己受
到关注。
4.致歉(apologize)。如果是餐厅方面的错误,应郑重道歉“We do apologize for...”。即使不是,也应礼貌地说:“I'm sorry to hear that.”(听您这么说我感到很遗憾。)
5.请经理(get the manager)。如果超出自己的权限,应立即请经理出面解决。这时要对顾客:“Sorry.can you wait a moment, please?I'll get the manager for you.”(抱歉,能否请您稍等一
会儿?我请经理来为您解决。)
6.致谢(express thanks)。务必说一些感激的话语:“Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.”(感谢您提醒我们注意这个问题。)
7.保证(promise)。还应说一些保证的话语,给顾客以再次光顾的信心:“I assure you that it won't happen again.”(您尽可以放心,不会再发生这种事情了。)