a family road trip全家开车旅行
Our family decided to take a road trip across the country this year.
今年我们全家决定来一次全境开车远行。
The kids were really excited and my oldest son wanted to help navigate.
孩子们非常地兴奋,我的大儿子帮着进行规划。
Before the trip, we looked at the road maps and decided on our route and the points of interest we would try to see.
旅行前,我们仔细研究了地图,决定我们走哪条路,要去看的景点。
Since we wouldn’t be taking a camper, we needed to make hotel reservations along the way.
因为我们不准备野营,我们就得沿途订旅馆。
After a little planning, we were ready to go.
在这些准备之后,我们准备上路了。
The kids were behaving themselves the first day.
天孩子们表现还算正常。
My daughter was a little car sick in the morning, but we made it to our first stop without any major problems.
我的女儿在早上有点晕车,不过到个歇脚点前我们一切顺利。
On the second day, though, the kids were really acting up.
可是第二天,孩子们就兴奋起来了。
They kept asking, “Are we there yet?” and they wanted to stop at every rest stop.
他们总是在问“怎么还没有到呀”,而且在每个休息点都要求停下来。
My youngest son, who is only four, kept calling out the mile markers as we passed them, and I thought my head would explode if he didn’t stop.
我的小儿子只有四岁,车每经过一个里程路标,他都要大声念出来,吵得我头都大了。
On top of that, my wife wanted to stop every few miles for a photo op and I thought we’d never get to the next town.
更要命的是,我老婆每过几英里就要停下来照相,让我觉得离我们下一个目的地遥遥无期了。
By the third day, I was really questioning the wisdom of taking three young children on the road for 10 days.
第三天,我直质疑自己带着三个孩子开车游玩十天这个主意是否明智。
I suspect that after this vacation, I’ll need another one to recover from it.
可能这个假期结束了,我需要另外一个假期才能让自己恢复过来。