Experts say that a glass of red wine occasionally will do one's health a world of good.
导师说偶尔喝杯红酒对人身体有好处。
occasionally ad. 有时候,偶尔
a world of“极大的,极多的”
Too much tea will brown your teeth, but it's good for your heath.
多喝茶会让你的牙齿变黄,但是对你的身体有好处。
“brown”在这里用作动词,译为“染黄”。
Do you want some ice in your drink?
要加冰吗?
I'd like it on the rocks.
我想在酒里放些冰块。
I'd like a soda. no ice.
我要一杯汽水,不要冰。
Nothing is as refreshing as ice-cold drinks on a hot day.
在大热天没有什么能够像冰饮料那样让人神清气爽。
refreshing a.提神的,凉爽的
Without a coffee, I can never get up in the morning.
没有咖啡,我早上就起不了床。
这句话是双重否定向。
I'm not letting you get behind the wheel until you've sobered up.
除非你完全清醒了,我才会让你开车。
sober up“(使)酒醒或清醒”
“get behind the wheel”中的“wheel”是指汽车的“方向盘”。因此,这句话的意思就是“开车”(坐在方向盘后面)。
I've had a couple of beers.
我已经喝了两三瓶啤酒了。
I can’t drink any more.
我不能再喝了。
Do you want some iced tea?
你想喝冰茶吗?
iced tea“冰茶”
Please add a little sugar.
请加一点点糖。
No sugar, please.
请不要放糖。
Cold drinks don't agree with my stomach.
我的胃受不了冷饮。
stomach n. 胃,胃部
agree with“适合(某人的身体或胃口)”
The cooler, the better.
越凉越好。
The hotter, the better.
越热越好。
It's appetizing and tasty.
又开胃又可口。
appetizing a. 开胃的,引起食欲的
tasty a. 可口的,美味的
2.实用对话
Drinks饮料酒水
John: Tonight is a party night! What drinks do you think we need?
约翰:今晚是派对之夜!你认为我们需要什么样的饮料?
Lily: Well, not everyone wants to drink beer. Make sure there are some soft drinks and juice. Nothing's as refreshing as iced
drinks on a hot day.
莉莉:不是每个人都想喝啤酒的。准备些软饮料和果汁吧。在大热天没有什么能够像冰饮料那样让人神清气爽。
John: I don't think we need too much in the way of soft drinks, Two super bottles of Cola should cover everyone. What about
wine?
约翰:我想,我们并不需要太多的饮料。买两大瓶可乐就可以了。葡萄酒呢?
Lily: Just buy a cask of wine. Have you bought ice yet?
莉莉:买一桶酒吧。买冰了吗?
John: No, once I fill the tub with beer, I'll get the ice. The beer will be cool if you put the tub under the ice. The cooler, the better.
约翰:没有,我要先把桶装满啤酒,再去弄冰块。如果你把酒桶放在冰里面,啤酒就会变凉的,而且越凉越好。
Lily: I think a bottle of champagne would be a good idea. It's appetizing and tasty.
莉莉:我觉得来瓶香槟也是个不错的主意。又开胃又可口。
John: Well, if you say so. Personally speaking, I'd rather die of thirst than drink champagne.
约翰:好吧,你说要买就买吧,我个人是宁可渴死也不去喝香槟的。
3.详细解说
1.“make sure”的意思是“确定,确信,确保,证实”,后面可以跟“that”从句,“that”可以省略。例如:I want to make sure you
are all right.(我想确认一下你是否一切都好。)另外,还可以使用短语“make sure of ( doing) something), 例如: Spain made
sure of their place by holding Japan to a 1-1 draw.(西班牙和日本打成一比一平,确保了他们在比赛中的地位。)
2.“soft drink”是指“不含酒精的饮料或软饮料”。
3.“personally speaking”表示“就我个人而言”。例如:Personally speaking, I don't think it is agood idea.(就我个人而言,我
不认为这是个好主意。)
4.“die of”的意思是“死于…,因…而死”,后面一般接疾病名,例如:She died of cancer.(她死于癌症。)